Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching up

Amelia is doing so great at home. Last Wednesday she went to the pediatrician for the first time and she weighed 4 lbs 6 oz! Her little cheeks are filling in (I hesitate to call them chubby, but I suppose you might say that) and she seems to be livelier. I am still waking her up every 3 hours to breastfeed, pump, and feed her a bottle of fortified breastmilk. The whole process takes about an hour, and while it is exhausting, I am hopeful that we won't be doing this much longer. It is much much easier for her to take a bottle and she definitely doesn't tire as much, but I really want to be able to breastfeed her like a normal baby. I don't want to give up just yet!

My parents are still here (going on 9 days now) with no real idea of when they will leave. They were supposed to leave Saturday and when my dad went to go start the car to start packing it up, it made a wretched sound. Yep, some fool stole the catalytic converter off the car. Welcome to Atlanta. So for now, the Honda dealership is still looking for a replacement part and can't find one. Hopefully they will find one soon so my parents can get home!!

No comments: